We all love recipes. We all love dessert. But no one loves a trip to the dentist because of tooth decay. Especially children who are far more vulnerable to cavities now more than ever with so much more sugar in their diets than generations past.
So, let’s talk sweet without the sugar.
Below is one our all-time favorite, kid-friendly dessert recipes that’s perfect anytime of the year. But even more so during the holidays when sugar consumption is high.
We hope you enjoy this is as much we do. To happy and healthier eating!
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe- No Bake & Sugar Free
Prep time = 20 minutes / Chill 1 hour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs - sprinkle in granola or chopped pecans?
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package cheesecake flavor sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (toss w/ sliced berries)
- 2 pints/4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg in bowl.
- Press mixture into 8-inch pie dish. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl on medium speed until softened. Reduce speed to low, gradually beat in milk (mixture will be watery).
- Beat pudding mix until the filling is thick and smooth.
- Spoon half cream cheese filling into the bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Spread half the strawberries over the filling.
- Repeat cheesecake layer and strawberry layer.
- Chill in refrigerator until set and cold, at least 1 hour
Eating healthy helps teeth and waistlines. One way to prevent cavities in children is to watch their sugar in-take and making sure they develop positive brushing practices at an early age. Have questions about pediatric dentistry? We've been a favorite dentist for children for decades! Contact Dr. Jean Piper today.